BASIC SEA SURVIVAL
Sea Survival - Glasgow Scotland - A GENUINE LIFESAVER!
RYA Sea survival in Glasgow Scotland is a course which is suitable for everybody in which You will learn vital sea survival & lifesaving techniques and use safety equipment. It is a proven fact that in an emergency people with training are more likely to survive. As a result Sea survival is a mandatory course for commercial users and licenses.
As a result of completing the Sea survival Glasgow Scotland you will have a good understanding of how to use lifesaving appliances, how they are designed and made, how they are serviced and checked and how to summon help. Items include the use, checking, servicing and of lifejackets, liferafts, flares, personal location beacons, epirbs, sarts, radios. The Sea Survival course is mandatory for anyone wishing to gain a commercial RYA license.
Half a day conducted in the classroom and half a day in the swimming pool. Swimming pool is also located in Glasgow and transport to the pool is arranged. An important part of the course is a practical session in a swimming pool. Experience first hand the problems of entering an uncooperative liferaft and assisting others while fully kitted out in wet weather gear and a lifejacket.
2021 RYA SEA SURVIVAL COURSE DATES:
- We are hoping to resume this course March 2021.
- Where? Meet at our Glasgow city centre location for registration. 36 Washington Street, Glasgow, G3 8AZ.
- When? RYA Sea survival in Glasgow Scotland courses are run every 4 weeks but can be run on demand. Maximum 16 students per course. We need a minimum of 4 students for this course. This course is typically ran between 09:00 - 17:00.
- How much? £130 (Includes lunch)
In addition to the Sea survival classroom training there is practical training in the water in the swimming pool. Students are required to bring waterproofs to wear in the pool. If you cant swim its not a problem as everyone wears lifejackets.
- Lifejackets - wearing and operation of
- Liferafts and the equipment they contain
- Types and uses of distress flares
- Practical liferaft launching/inflation and drills
- In water survival techniques
- How to right a capsized liferaft
- Cold water shock/hypothermia
- Other medical aspects of sea survival
- Search and rescue techniques
- Helicopter rescue procedures
FAMILY & MULTI COURSE DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE