RYA FIRST AID COURSE - COVERING FIRST AID FROM A BOATING PERSPECTIVE
The RYA MARINE FIRST AID COURSE is run from our RYA First aid training centre in Glasgow. It is a 1 day course which is suitable for everybody. You will learn vital lifesaving techniques and first aid. As a result of the Rya marine first aid course you will gain a basic understanding of lifesaving and first aid and how to summon advice and help.
Covers use of Category C Marine first aid kit and pocket mask and commercial operations. The course is taught by current practicing registered medics so you will receive the best first aid training possible! The RYA Marine First Aid course also satisfies the requirement and can be used for a shore based emergency first aid at work certificate.
- Where? Meet at our city centre location for registration. 36 Washington Street, Glasgow, G3 8AZ.
- When? First aid courses are run every month but can be run on demand. Maximum 12 students per course. This course is typically ran between 09:00 - 18:00.
- How much? £99 (Includes lunch)
Rya First Aid Course Dates 2020:
- Monday 24th February - Full
- Monday 23rd March - 3 spaces
- Sunday 3rd May - 6 spaces
- Sunday 7th June - 4 spaces
- Monday 6th July - 10 spaces
- Sunday 2nd August - 8 spaces
- Monday 7th September - 12 spaces
- Sunday 4th October - 12 spaces
- Monday 2nd November - 12 spaces
- Sunday 13th December - 12 spaces
FAMILY & MULTI COURSE DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE
This First Aid course fulfils the requirements for:
- first aid training for vessels working up to area Category 2 under the Maritime and Coastguard Agency Codes of Practice for Small Vessels Operated Commercially;
- first aid training needed by offshore racers subject to World Sailing's Offshore Special Regulation OSR 6.05.2;
- the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations, 1981 for the purposes of Emergency First Aid at Work.
- Commercially endorsing an RYA certificate.
Subjects specific to boating include:
the recovery position in a confined space
CPR, including the drowning protocol
cold shock and hypothermia from immersion and/or exposure
seasickness and dehydration
medical assistance or advice by VHF
The RYA First Aid course is mandatory for people working on boats, for instance the skipper and crew and as a result of completing this course you will be qualified to administer first aid. The rya marine first aid course is valid for 3 years and has to be updated and refreshed. It is taught by our resident RYA Marine first aid instructor Angela who has over 40 years experience in the medical world. Angela is passionate about First Aid and boats and the sea. We believe you should be taught by a professional and we guarantee you will receive the best first aid course available.