Rya first aid course
RYA FIRST AID COURSE - COVERING FIRST AID FROM A BOATING PERSPECTIVE
The RYA FIRST AID COURSE in Glasgow is a 1 day course which is suitable for everybody. You will learn vital lifesaving techniques and first aid. As a result of the First aid course you will gain a basic understanding of lifesaving and first aid and how to summon advice and help. Covers use of Category C Marine first aid kit and pocket mask and commercial opperations.
- Where? Meet at our city centre location for registration.
- When? First aid courses are run every month but can be run on demand. Maximum 12 students per course. This course is typically ran between 09:00 - 18:00.
- How much? £99 (Includes lunch)
Sunday 19th January - 4 spaces
Sunday 16th February - 10 spaces
Monday 23rd March - 4 spaces
FAMILY & MULTI COURSE DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE
This First Aid course fulfils the requirements for:
- first aid training for vessels working up to area Category 2 under the Maritime and Coastguard Agency Codes of Practice for Small Vessels Operated Commercially;
- first aid training needed by offshore racers subject to World Sailing's Offshore Special Regulation OSR 6.05.2;
- the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations, 1981 for the purposes of Emergency First Aid at Work.
Subjects specific to boating include:
the recovery position in a confined space
CPR, including the drowning protocol
cold shock and hypothermia from immersion and/or exposure
seasickness and dehydration
medical assistance or advice by VHF
The RYA First Aid course is mandatory for people working on boats, for instance the skipper and crew and as a result of completing this course you will be qualified to administer first aid. The rya marine first aid course is valid for 3 years and has to be updated and refreshed.