VHF Radio course Glasgow Scotland
VHF RADIO COURSE
The RYA vhf radio course Glasgow Scotland is a 1 day course which is suitable from the age of 16.
The vhf radio course is run from our Vhf training centre in Glasgow city centre. In the RYA marine vhf src radio course You will learn how to use a marine vhf src radio safely and proficiently. As a result of this course it will enable you to aquire your vhf radio operators license. This is a legal requirement for anybody who uses a vhf radio.
"It is a proven fact that in an emergency people with training are more likely to survive. Therefor Using the radio can save your life. The course has an exam at the end in order to obtain your radio operators license".
- SUNDAY 29th MARCH 2020 - 2 PLACES
- SUNDAY 19th APRIL 2020 - 4 PLACES
Night courses available to clubs or groups, usually conducted over 2 evenings.
- Where? Meet at our Glasgow city centre location for registration. Washington Street - G3 8AZ
- When? Vhf radio Courses are run every 2 weeks but can be run on demand. Maximum 12 students per course. This course is typically ran between 09:00 - 18:00. With the exam after.
- How much? Classroom course £99 (Includes lunch and vhf course notes book). Online course £79.
The RYA Marine vhf src radio course can be done online or in our classroom in Glasgow with one of our instructors. If you wish to take the course online please contact us with your details and we can set you up the same day! If you are needing the vhf radio course urgently we can usually set the online course up and arrange the exam within 24 hours.
Then there is a fast track premium service available from the RYA to enable you to receive your vhf radio operators license within 3 days.
Our marine vhf src radio instructors are the highest qualified in marine vhf radios in Glasgow and all have full GMDSS GOC worldwide certificates which takes months to study for and complete.
FAMILY & MULTI COURSE DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE
More information on the SRC VHF course:
The RYA Marine Radio Short Range Certificate (SRC) is the minimum qualification required to operate marine VHF radio equipment on a UK flagged vessel. This includes both fixed and handheld equipment with and without Digital Selective Calling (DSC). It is obtained by successfully completing an SRC exam conducted at an RYA Recognised Training Centre in our case Glasgow City Boats.
Most candidates are required to complete an RYA SRC course prior to taking the exam, therefore the majority of exams take place after marine radio SRC courses. When booking a SRC course we will give you details of the time and location for the exam. It is usually straight after the course.
The SRC course may be taken in a classroom or online through an RYA Recognised Training Centre. There is no age limit for taking the SRC course although exam candidates must be 16 years old on the day of the exam.
Course subjects include:
- routine operation of marine VHF radio including Digital Selective Calling
- the correct VHF channels (frequencies) to be used for each type of communication
- distress, emergency and medical assistance procedures
- ship to shore communication
- practical use of Marine VHF DSC radios
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
- Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB)
- Search and Rescue Transponders (SART)
The exam is a combination of a written theory test and practical assessment in the use of Marine VHF DSC radios. Candidates must be 16 years or older on the day of the exam. There is an exam fee of £60 payable direct to the RYA for the issue and registration of your license. For more information on the exam and exam fee please click here.
If you have completed the vhf course online we can examine you. Contact us to arrange a time.