Powerboat level 2 Glasgow Scotland
MORE IN DEPTH POWER BOAT HANDLING
RYA Powerboat level 2 course Glasgow Scotland is an excellent course for beginners or people with some experience who want to learn about handling powerboats in more depth.
2 day boat handling course which is suitable from the age 12 upwards.
Aims to teach boat handling and seamanship in powerboats, and above all safety.
As a result of the RYA Powerboat level 2 course Glasgow course with Glasgow City Boats, it provides the skills and background knowledge to become a competent powerboat driver. After you will be able to handle a powerboat during daylight in favourable weather.
It focuses on low speed close quarters handling, man overboard recovery, introduction to driving at planing speed and collision regulations. It also covers marine navigation, buoyage, chart work, electronic navigation, rope work, safety equipment, weather, route planning and general safe use of a powerboat. All our instructors are extremely advanced in boating so you will receive fantastic training guaranteed!
The RYA Powerboat level 2 course Glasgow can be endorsed allowing you to drive boats commercially.
- Where? Meet at our Glasgow city centre location for registration and theory then we will head out on the river on our training powerboat. 36 Washington Street, Glasgow, G3 8AZ.
- When? Powerboat level 2 course Glasgow are run every week but can be run on demand maximum 3 students per course.
- How much? £299 FAMILY DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE
Next RYA Powerboat level 2 course at our base in Glasgow City Centre:
28 - 29 September - 1 space left
03 - 04 October - 1 space left
10 - 11 October - 1 space left
12 - 13 October - 1 space left
15 - 16 Oct - full
Contact us with your preferred dates and we will do our best to accommodate.
Using your Powerboat Level 2 to apply for an ICC
If your Powerboat Level 2 was completed before 15 April 2019, the following will be applicable if you are wishing to apply for an International Certificate of Competence (ICC):
- Coastal Powerboat Level 2: You can apply an ICC for coastal waters and power up to 10m.
- Inland Powerboat Level 2: You can apply for an ICC for coastal waters if suitable evidence of coastal experience is provided or a coastal assessment completed.
To apply for the inland category on your ICC, a CEVNI test must be completed.
More information about applying for ICC can be found in the Boating Abroad section.
Using your Powerboat level 2 course Glasgow to apply for a Commercial License
If you have a Powerboat Level 2 and you are wanting to use it for work or commercial purposes you must commercially endorse your level 2 powerboat certificate.
You will need the following courses:
- VHF RADIO LICENSE
- A VALID MARINE FIRST AID
- PPR PROFESSIONAL ONLINE COURSE
- SEA SURVIVAL CERTIFICATE
- A MEDICAL FITNESS CERTIFICATE
Glasgow City Boats can provide all the training involved in commercial licenses. We have a wealth of experience in the commercial license field as all crew at Glasgow City Boats have commercial licenses. Contact us today about your training requirements.
Removal of inland/coastal category for certificates issued prior to 15th April 2019.
If you hold a Powerboat Level 2 certificate issued prior to 15th April 2019, your certificate would have been marked as either Coastal or Inland. This depends on where your course was taken. If you hold an inland Level 2 and wish to hold a certificate without the inland endorsement, you can apply for a replacement by providing evidence of your coastal experience/knowledge. Suitable evidence includes:
- A practical course completion certificate issued for coastal waters in another discipline.
- A theory course completion certificate of Essential Navigation and Seamanship or higher.
- A coastal direct assessment.
To apply for a new certificate, send a copy of your Powerboat Level 2. Along with one of the forms of evidence listed above with a cheque for £25 payable to the RYA. Please send to: RYA Certification, RYA House, Ensign Way, Hamble, Hampshire SO31 4YA.