Powerboat level 2 Glasgow Scotland
MORE IN DEPTH POWER BOAT HANDLING
RYA Powerboat handling level 2 in Glasgow Scotland is a great course for beginners or people with some experience who want to learn about handling powerboats in more depth.
2 day boat handling course which is suitable from the age 12 upwards.
Aims to teach boat handling and seamanship in powerboats, and above all safety.
As a result, the RYA Powerboat handling level 2 course provides the skills and background knowledge to become a competent powerboat driver. After you will be able to handle a powerboat during daylight in favourable weather.
It focuses on low speed close quarters handling, man overboard recovery, introduction to driving at planing speed and collision regulations.
The RYA Powerboat level 2 can be endorsed allowing you to drive boats commercially.
- Where? Meet at our Glasgow city centre location for registration and theory then we will head out on the river on our training powerboat.
- When? PowerboatLevel 2 courses are run every week but can be run on demand maximum 3 students per course.
Next RYA Powerboat level 2 course at our base in Glasgow City Centre:
17th - 18th JANUARY 2020 - FULLY BOOKED
25th - 26th JANUARY 2020 - 3 PLACES
1st - 2nd FEBRUARY 2020 - 2 PLACES
8th - 9th FEBRUARY 2020 - 2 PLACES
22nd - 23rd FEBRUARY 2020 - 2 PLACES
- How much? £280 (includes Free lunch) FAMILY DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE
Using your Powerboat Level 2 to apply for an ICC
If your Powerboat Level 2 was completed before 15 April 2019, the following will be applicable if you are wishing to apply for an International Certificate of Competence (ICC):
- Coastal Powerboat Level 2: You can apply an ICC for coastal waters and power up to 10m.
- Inland Powerboat Level 2: You can apply for an ICC for coastal waters if suitable evidence of coastal experience is provided or a coastal assessment completed.
To apply for the inland category on your ICC, a CEVNI test must be completed.
More information about applying for ICC can be found in our Boating Abroad section.
Removal of inland/coastal category for certificates issued prior to 15th April 2019.
If you hold a Powerboat Level 2 certificate issued prior to 15th April 2019, your certificate would have been marked as either Coastal or Inland. This depends on where your course was taken. If you hold an inland Level 2 and wish to hold a certificate without the inland endorsement, you can apply for a replacement by providing evidence of your coastal experience/knowledge. Suitable evidence includes:
- A practical course completion certificate issued for coastal waters in another discipline.
- A theory course completion certificate of Essential Navigation and Seamanship or higher.
- A coastal direct assessment.
To apply for a new certificate, send a copy of your Powerboat Level 2. Along with one of the forms of evidence listed above with a cheque for £25 payable to the RYA. Please send to: RYA Certification, RYA House, Ensign Way, Hamble, Hampshire SO31 4YA.